Leaning Into Our Core Values
It’s been a minute, so we wanted to reintroduce folks to B.Y.U.V’s core values. We love to sweat, we love to laugh, but most importantly we love to support a diverse and compassionate community of people who feel strong and healthy in their bodies. Whether you’re joining us for the first time or the 450th time, you can expect us to always lead with, and prioritize:
Inclusivity– continually striving to provide a safe and accessible space for all students; intentionally engaging with, and seeking out opportunities to learn from diverse partners.
Authenticity – committed to providing a unique complementary series of classes that work together to holistically support healthy bodies from the inside out.
Respect– creating an environment where people both honor their body and their unique needs while protecting and valuing our shared space and the needs of others.
Community– celebrating the diverse places we arrive from with a shared purpose to feel better.
Perseverance– showing up, and following through.
Posture & Functional Range Conditioning Tips
What a pain in the neck! Check out our video and discover more comfort and range of motion in your cervical spine! A few benefits of Controlled Articular Rotations (CARs):
- Decrease inflammation;
- Maintain outer ranges of motion; and,
- Maintain joint health ability to assess joints.
Overheard in the Hot Room
Putting the Fun back in Sunday FUNdays this October! Join us for THREE special Sunday classes this month:
- Sunday, October 10th, 9 – 10 am – IHP Donation Class with Natalie & Claude. Brooklyn & Vermont connect for a donation-based 9 am class with the Make-Me-Awesome squad! Join resident superheroes Wonder Nat & Claudeman for a supercharged class to benefit nonprofit, Urban Yogis NY. They’ve got a vision and are on a mission to create a yoga & wellness fresh air program for at-risk youth and underserved communities in NY and VT. To join us, please register for class per usual via MindBody and submit your donation HERE! Can’t make it? You can still donate AND receive a free super awesome t-shirt!
- Sunday, October 10th, 4:30 – 5:30 pm – Weight Clinic with Jules. Curious about the new weights? Working to lift heavier or wondering about technique? This is the mini-workshop for YOU! We will start with the basics so you can feel confident holding weights like a boss.
- Sunday, October 24th, 4:30 – 6 pm – Candlelit Yin with Natalie. Turn down the lights and immerse your whole body in this delightful weekend reset. Gentle music and intentional, slow-moving postures will help to recalibrate you for the week ahead.
Retail Roundup & Reminders
Calling all Ultimate Members!
Did you know your membership includes a 15% discount on all full-price retail ALL the time?! Not an ultimate Member yet? Email Sophie and upgrade today! Your body, mind, and wardrobe will thank you!
Get it while it’s hot (and here)!
- Coveted BYUV sweatshirts are in and won’t last. Lots of sizes available. Priced at $50.
- Feel good and look good – New items from Beyond Yoga are in! Beyond Yoga was built upon the mission to give everybody – of every size & shape – the luxury-level comfort they deserve from activewear. All products are manufactured in the USA.
- Meet Wolven – A sustainable, woman-owned company that believes in diversity, and body positivity. This material is super soft, reversible, and tops can be worn four different ways!