As the seasons continue to shift, and we move into November, we’re reminded to slow down and give thanks for all that has supported, and challenged (you read that right!), us throughout this last year. We are endlessly grateful for YOU and our BYUV Community, and wouldn’t survive and thrive without your energy, perseverance, and love for yourself, and those around you. Thank you.
The research shows spending just a few moments each day practicing gratitude strengthens our resilience, our patience, and ultimately our feelings of happiness and peace of mind. If you don’t use it, you lose it. We invite you to try this important exercise and work your gratitude muscle memory!
Posture & Functional Range Conditioning Tips
You’re the bee’s knees! We love you and want to keep your body rockin’ and rollin’ without joint pain this holiday season. Join us for our BYUV Yoga and/or Fusion classes where we’ll concentrate on working those ever-important knee joints throughout the month. In the meantime, check out this video! A few benefits of Controlled Articular Rotations (CARs):
- Decrease inflammation;
- Maintain outer ranges of motion; and,
- Maintain joint health ability to assess joints.
Overheard in the Hot Room
Make sure to check the schedule 1,2,3 times! Schedule changes are the name of the game this month.
Teachers are in advanced weight training November 5 – 7, and while we will miss some of our regular classes, your muscles will thank us. Schedule changes include:
- Friday 11/5:
- 9 AM Pop-up 90-minute Intermediate OHY with Sallie
- Saturday 11/6:
- *NO* 7:30 AM IHP
- *NO* 11 AM Kettlebells
- Sunday 11/7:
- *NO* 9 AM IHP
- *NO* Evening Classes
- Sunday 11/14: 90-minute OHY-Yin Fusion @4:30 PM with Jules
- Sunday 11/21: 90-minute OHY @4:30 PM with Mae
- Sunday 11/28: 90-minute Yin @4:30PM with Mae
Thanksgiving Holiday Schedule:
- Wednesday 11/24:
- *Special* 60-minute Yin @ 6:30 PM with Karen (rest up before you eat up!)
- Thursday 11/25 (Thanksgiving Day): Donation-based classes to benefit the Upper Valley Haven (register for classes through MindBody and donate directly to the Haven at the link above)
- 60-minute IHP @ 7:30 AM with Jules
- 60-minute OHY @ 9 AM with Mae
- Friday 11/26:
- *Special* 60-minute IHP @ 7:30 AM with Claude
- 60-minute Fusion @ 9 AM with Natalie
- Saturday 11/27 will follow the regular schedule
- Sunday 11/28 will follow the regular schedule + special 90-minute yin @4:30 PM with Mae
Retail Roundup & Reminders
Thursday, November 11– Veterans Day
In honor of our Veterans, we are offering 25% off of ALL retail on Veteran’s Day to those who have served or are currently serving in the US Military. Simply identify yourself with our Front Desk team when making a purchase. Thank you for your service to our country!
Saturday, November 27 – Small Business Saturday
In celebration and support of our small business we are excited to announce these 1x a year Membership/Retail steals:
- Purchase an annual membership for $1200 (that’s $100/month for an average savings of $19/month; $228 annually!);
- Enjoy 25% ALL retail Friday, November 26 – Sunday, November 28.
We pride ourselves on partnering with companies whose values align with ours, keep the planet front of mind, and make us look/feel our best! We’re excited to announce that Alo, an eco-aware, ethically produced & manufactured clothing brand, has been added to our growing inventory. Get it while it’s hot!
Speaking of hot… NEW inventory of all your favorite brands (Beyond Yoga, Wolven, K-Deer) is coming soon. Missed out on something you wanted? Need a different size? Just let us know, we got ya covered!